Saturday, November 17, 2012

Epi Bread

I Love me some bread!! And with our Friends Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow I was making this yummy Epi bread today. It is a take on a traditional french bread. I am borrowing a friends book "Baking Artisan Bread" by Ciril Hitz. This book is intense, I enjoy making bead but this took my novice bread making to crazy technical. I had never folded my bread in the middle of its rising or I added Diastatic Malt to be dough (I had never even herd of it). The nice thing about this book is that although it is very technical they do walk you step by step and even have a DVD to watch them do some of the different steps. I wing a lot of things in my backing so did not watch the DVD but plan on it before I make my next bread (maybe a Ciabatta).


Yes and yes it turned out great. I did eat some right out of the oven and only wish I had two ovens so I could serve these hot tomorrow!! Can't wait to share this bread with friends tomorrow :)


1 comment:

Rebecca Tirrell Talbot said...

This looks delicious! Makes me want to take my bread-making to the next level!